Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] SYN Retransmissions

From: "Sheahan, John" <John.Sheahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:50:03 -0400
I have a general question about SYN retransmissions.
I am troubleshooting a problem whereby an initial SYN is sent but unanswered so the client sends one SYN retransmission, when that goes unanswered, no more SYNs are sent by the client.

Is this normal behavior or can this be tuned?

I would expect (hope) that the client would retransmitt the SYN more than once.

thanks

john