Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Unexpected Capture Results

From: "Josh Anderson" <netconsultkc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:30:30 -0500
I agree in principle. But somehow I pulled this off the wire. I am working with a Nortel VoIP environment and during the time of the capture, the switch is reporting that it is receiving MAC Pause Frames from the phone (which I mirrored to the port connected to the laptop running Wireshark). I was wondering if it would be possible that these frames could be those pause frames that have somehow been manipulated by the NIC or the NIC driver on the laptop and turned in to what is captured here. I'm not sure if that is even a possibility, but if it is, does anyone know of a more reliable way that I can pull that traffic off of the wire?