Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] TCP ACKed lost segment

From: "Sheahan, John" <John.Sheahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:50:04 -0400
I am looking at a trace that contains 216 HTTP conversations. I notice
that many of them contain "TCP ACKed lost segment - TCP Previous Segment
lost" messages that Wireshark is putting in.
I'm trying to figure out if Wireshark is saying these are packets lost
in the network or retransmitted packets that were never ACKed? (or
perhaps none of the above :-))

Thanks for the help

john