Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Question on filtering

From: Christopher Hunt <chunt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 13:29:36 -0700
Can you provide an example of the filter you're working with and a plain-english explanation of what you'd like to see or not see?
Christopher Hunt

Mark wrote:
Hello,

What is the main difference between 'and' and 'or'?  I am trying to filter out many different things like one particular IP addr, a certain protocol such as DNS and NBNS and ARP etc.  It seems like when I add multiple entries into a filter some appear again and I am sure its due to the 'and' or the 'or' usage.

Thanks,

Mark