Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Accessing Capture interface details?

From: "Vinay Chilakamarri" <vinay.chilakamarri@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:13:44 -0700
Thanks for those links. I hit upon them a while ago when I was reading up a 'pcap' entry in wiki. I tried the some getInterfaces method on jpcap and could get the exact order and detail of the interfaces reflected by dumpcap. may be it's got to do with the winpcap.dll file that they both commonly use.

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jun 13, 2008, at 3:21 PM, Vinay Chilakamarri wrote:

> Also, do you have any suggestions for the older wireshark versions
> that didn't use dumpcap for capturing?

Write your own code, perhaps using jpcap:

       http://jpcap.sourceforge.net/

or jNetPCAP:

       http://jnetpcap.sourceforge.net/

wrapped around WinPcap, using pcap_findalldevs().