Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing and merging files from different machines

From: "Chris Swinney" <swin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 22:13:20 +0100
I may have miss read the merged file. I'm not sure if the merged file is totally correct as I seem to be getting responses before requests, but they DO appear to be in chronological order. I'm not sure at which point the time stamp is applied to the packet and if the sniffing PC's have any effect on this - I think not. I assume that the time stamp is applied to the header by whatever device sent the packet, not by a device listening.

Somebody else mentioned a way to correct these offsets, so I may give this a go.

Chris