Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Accessing Capture interface details?

From: "Vinay Chilakamarri" <vinay.chilakamarri@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:04:19 -0700
Hi,

I want to launch wireshark on a specific interface, from the java program that I am writing. I read the "-i" option that wireshark provides, and in the documentation it was written that the interface has to match the ones that "Wireshark -D" option displays. I got the input stream after executing the same and had the output to be similar to:

1. \Device\NPF_GenericDialupAdapter (Adapter for generic dialup and VPN capture)
2. \Device\NPF_{xxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx} (Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Driver (Microsoft's Packet Scheduler) )

But I also need the IPaddress of the displayed devices for some other operation. Is there a way to find out the IPAddress from the output of "Wireshark -D" from the program?

Thanks,