Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] I can not see any significant data with RTP Player

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 21:26:55 +0200
Hi,

Can you send plain text emails? I hate it when this list is used as a commercial distribution channel.

Back to the question. What kind of VoIP client are you using? How do you capture, and what other party are you connected to? It looks like the RTP is different than what we expect. Maybe a small capture is possible?

Thanx,
Jaap

Luca Tomasi wrote:

Hi,

I am a novice Wireshark user.

I captuerd a VoIP data session (I talked on the phone), but when I select Statistics- VoIP calls and then Player on a selected Completed session and then decode, I get Out of seq 3647 (100% ) Drop by Jtter buff : 0% in one direction and

3372 (100%)  Drop by Jtter buff : 801 (23,8%)  in the other one.

So I can not play anything

Why? What have I to do to see something?

Thanks uin advance

Luca