Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] monitor an STM-1 link

From: Tamás Varga <Tamas.Varga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 15:13:33 +0200
Title: [Wireshark-users] monitor an STM-1 link
Hi John,
the case is, that for monitoring purpose, both forward and backward link direction has to be connected to an Rx port on the monitoring device, otherwise the monitor device would influence the original traffic through the Tx port that we definitely do not want.
Tamas