Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How does wireshark get "Time" shown in the listview?

From: Xu nanxuan <mybayern1974@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:35:04 +0800
My question is just like the title. Is the time consistent with the system time that is shown in the Taskbar of Windows OS?

And another question: Take the folollowing two lines for example:

time1 server->client packetinfo1
time2 client->server packetinfo2

If the wireshark is installed on the client side, then it's easy to understand how time1 can be captured:when packet arrives at client, the wireshark record the time1 in some way.

However, how does wireshark know time2? time2 means that the packet arrives at server at time2, but wireshark is installed on client, how does it know time2 which should be a system time of the server side?

Thanks!