Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Question about pipelining

From: "Scott Willey" <swilley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 21:01:16 -0400
Title: Question about pipelining
Sorry, if this is much discussed, but I did have a look at the archives and I’m not sure what the status of pipelining in Wireshark is. In using a pretty simple pipelining client example using Oakland Software’s http client, just firing off 10 http pipelined GETs seems to cause wireshark much trouble. Not only does the HTTP display not show all of the GETs (2 out of the 10), but even if I search through all of the traffic for GET / HTTP/, I only get two hits. Is this the kind of behavior I should expect? I see some discussion about SMTP pipelining, but this is a pretty simple example and wireshark seems to yield a pretty bad result.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

Scott