Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] libpcap library usage

From: Faraz Shamim <faraz_shamim@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:15:40 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the prompt reply. Please bare with me on
this since I have been trying to successfully install
this since many many days with no luck! I checked the
libpcap "make install" and see that it is only putting
files in /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include:

rtpnmlz-iou-ipv6-b# make install
[ -d /usr/local/lib ] || \
    (mkdir -p /usr/local/lib; chmod 755
/usr/local/lib)
./install-sh -c -m 644 libpcap.a
/usr/local/lib/libpcap.a
ranlib /usr/local/lib/libpcap.a
[ -d /usr/local/include ] || \
    (mkdir -p /usr/local/include; chmod 755
/usr/local/include)
./install-sh -c -m 644 ./pcap.h
/usr/local/include/pcap.h
./install-sh -c -m 644 ./pcap-bpf.h \
    /usr/local/include/pcap-bpf.h
./install-sh -c -m 644 ./pcap-namedb.h \
    /usr/local/include/pcap-namedb.h
[ -d /usr/local/man/man3 ] || \
        (mkdir -p /usr/local/man/man3; chmod 755
/usr/local/man/man3)
./install-sh -c -m 644 ./pcap.3 \
    /usr/local/man/man3/pcap.3
rtpnmlz-iou-ipv6-b#

 and I have both of these set properly in my .cshrc
file:

setenv LDFLAGS "-L/usr/local/lib"
setenv CPPFLAGS "-I/usr/local/include"

are you saying that I have to replace [DIR] below with
[/usr/local/lib] in my configure file?

 --with-libcap[=DIR]     use libcap (located in
directory DIR, if supplied)for POSIX.1e capabilities
management. [default=yes,if present]

Thanks,

Faraz