Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] gtk+ and glib issue during configure script

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:58:12 -0400

Faraz Shamim wrote:
Hi All,

I ran into an issue where gtk+ and glib was not
getting recognised by wireshark configure script. A
quick search revealead that I have to go and edit the
package pc file and replace "-mt" with "-pthread" So I
did that and configure went just fine. Now when I do
make I am getting the following every once in a while.

gcc: unrecognized option `-pthread'

Can someone please comment on this issue?

The thread about replacing -mt with -pthread can be
found at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg03993.html

Oops, those weren't very good instructions. Really gthread-2.0.pc should look like:

Libs: -L${libdir} -lgthread-2.0 -lpthread
Cflags: -D_REENTRANT

(though it works fine if you just remove all the instances of "-mt")