Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Trouble doing IrDA sniffing with wireshark

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 12:03:54 -0700

On May 15, 2008, at 5:14 PM, Benjamin.Bobich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Now that I’ve Updated to Wireshark version 1.0.0, it doesn’t support my IrDA capture interface. I only have two capture interfaces instead of 3 like I used to. I tried using the old patch that I had for the Winpcap version 3.1 where I replaced the wpcap.dll, and this does make it so the IrDA capture interface does appear for me… however there is no packets when I capture. I’m not filtering them and I have the IRCOMM, IrLAP, and IrLMP checked to be captured. I’ve verified with hyperterm that there is data being exchanged.

Has anyone else had troubles getting the packets to be captured with IrDA and wireshark?

This sounds as if it's a WinPcap issue; you should probably ask the WinPcap mailing list about it.