Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Anyone out there with Windows 2000?

From: "Schumi Imor" <schumiimor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:45:25 -0400
Luis,
  Yes you can... I'm not talking about the local loopback 127.1.1.1, but actually the MS LoopBack Adapter driver. This driver should pass all messages sent out down to the NDIS layer. This works on XP and VISTA but giving me headaches on 2000.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/236869

Thanks

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Luis EG Ontanon <luis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You just cannot capture on the loopback in windows. It's not your PC,
WinPcap does not support capturing on loopback...

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 5:04 AM, Schumi Imor <schumiimor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, It's hard to get your hands on a windows 2000 box those days. And I'm
> having a problem capturing packets with WireSharp using the MS Loopback
> Adapter on Win2000? Can someone tell me if it works on their end or can do a
> quick test for me? I can't seem to even see the packet numbers go up when I
> right click->status on the Local Connection of the LoopBack. Is it my PC or
> LoopBack Adapter? Some help would be really appreciated.

-- Marshall McLuhan