Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] 32768 bytes missing in capture file

From: Deepti Kumar <deepti_kumar47@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 22:40:57 -0700 (PDT)
Thank you for the reply to my query. I wanted to know why does wireshark show "bytes missing in capture file?
Also in wireshark->Statistics->Summary window the "Bytes" in the "Traffic" panel are
9.156.089 Bytes whereas the original file is of 9.219.404 bytes.

That means readings as to how much traffic is exchanged cannot be taken appropriately with the tool? I was trying to capture the exchange when HTTP and
HTTPS were used. But since the data is reported as missing I cant do this.
Is that true or is there any work around to this?