Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Live capture/capture statistics mismatch

From: "CJ Miller" <mkinjubhy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:35:49 -0400
Hello Everyone!

I think this will be a simple answer, but I couldn't find it in the archives or FAQ.

I am using Ubuntu, a broadcom wireless card, and Wireshark 0.99.6
. I started a live capture and in the Capture Interfaces window it shows that there have been 2 million+ packets on this interface, but the capture window is only showing about 25,000. I have capturing in promiscuous mode on, and no filters or limits turned on. Could someone please explain the discrepancy?

Thank you,
CJ