Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] SIP SDP RTP correlation

From: Jamaal Savwoir <jsavwoir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 16:45:59 -0400
How does Wireshark match the packets of a particular RTP stream to the SIP messages (with SDP info in the message body) that set up and tear down the call? If I look at a RTP frame, I see 'Stream setup by SDP (frame x)' in the Real-Time Transport Protocol section, but nothing else about the data displayed seems to tie that frame to the SIP frame that contains the SDP session info in the message body.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamaal Savwoir