Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] opening or saving files in XP

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 15:45:09 -0600
On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 05:10:15PM -0400, Jeffrey Ross wrote:

> I believe the last time I opened or saved a file in Wireshark I was
> connected to a network share.  The network share (or host) is no
> longer available and whenever I attempt to open a file or save a file
> as the application just hangs.  I can do a capture and display it fine
> on the screen.

Wireshark uses the native Windows file dialogs for opening and saving
files, so it should behave as other Windows applications do in the same
situation.  Does it not time out after (at most) a few minutes and show
you the files that are available?  Or does the file dialog not even
open before the hang?

Steve