Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] install wireshark 1.0.0 cent OS 5

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:05:41 -0600
On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 06:11:14AM -0700, miguel olivares varela wrote:

> i try to install wireshark 1.0.0 over CentOS 5 becuase i want tou use
> tshark in order to filter RTP stats. when i try to install i have an
> error mesaage
>
> **could not run gtk+ test program
> **This usually means gtk+ in uncorrectly installed
>
> but when i type
> #rpm -q gtk+
> gtk+-1.210-56.el5

It appears that you only have GTK 1.2 installed.  Try passing
--disable-gtk2 to the configure program.  Or, for a much better
experience, install GTK version 2.

> So i don't understan why i have this error message does anybody tell
> me why? Maybe i need to update gtk+ but i want to know the version or
> can anybody telle how can i install wireshark 1.0.0 beause i got the
> 0.99.7 but in this version i cant not get the stats whe i type
>
> tshark -r file.pcap -qz,rtp,streams >> rtpstats.dat

How did you install 0.99.7?  Through a package management system?  You
can always download the source code from www.wireshark.org and compile
it yourself.

Steve