Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] TCP Resets

From: "Barry Constantine" <Barry.Constantine@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:44:18 -0700

TCP Resets can be a normal way of closing a connection.

Is your application behaving properly or is it malfunctioning or very slow?

For a busy server, TCP Resets is a means that the server refuses additional connections.  If you use AOL IM (as an example), there are times when I get “AOL can’s be started” message and this is the server sending back TCP Resets.

The answer to your question really depends upon what you are seeing from an application perspective; you cannot really tell anything by just looking at the number.

-Barry