Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Is it a bug with Wireshark?

From: "Vinay Chilakamarri" <vinay.chilakamarri@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:32:26 -0700
Hi Harris,

I need to start the wireshark with the display filter already in place. This is because I am trying to integrate wireshark into an existing application so that network admins can trouble shoot the problems related to connectivity with wireshark. The feature should start the wireshark based on the MAC (wireless MAC) address that the user supplies to it. So I was exploring the possibility of providing wireshark with some command line arguments and start it, so that admins can see excatly what is needed on the interface of wireshark. Are there any alternate ways that I can look into?

Thanks.

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Vinay Chilakamarri wrote:

> Since I cannot specify a display filter as a command line argument to
> Wireshark, I want to know if there is a way for me to specify this in
> some way so that Wireshark displays only those packets that meet the
> condition that I gave.

Type the filter into the display filter box.