Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] ERROR: Unrecognized text

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 01:13:52 +0200
Hi,

That's the XML dissector complaining it doesn't understand the tag it's seeing.

Thanx,
Jaap

Al Aghili wrote:
Hi,

We are using tshark and tethereal to get visibility into http traffic in our environment. In some cases we see the following in the packet dump

*[ ERROR: Unrecognized text ]*

Then we don�t see anymore of the message body in that packet. Or we see this mutiple times then all of a sudden we don�t see the packet body. Can anyone tell us why we see this and how to resolve it. We start tethereal with the following parameters.

-i 2 -R xml -V �l

Please let me know if you need more info. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Al