Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Is it a bug with Wireshark?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 23:33:29 +0200
Hi,

Just add the reference to [1] in the bugreport, That will be fine.

Thanx
Jaap

Jason wrote:
Jaap Keuter wrote:
Hi,

You're trying to use a read filter as display filter for a running capture. That is not supported. You can use -R with -r.

You might want to file a improvement request on bugzilla for that.

Jaap,

I posted a comment about the same to ws-dev [1] a while back (to support '-R' with '-k'. The patch I supplied with it didn't work too well. Let me know if you want me to add it to the bug.

thx,

Jason

[1] - http://www.mail-archive.com/wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg09249.html