Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Display Filter for text string in TCP payload

From: Hansang Bae <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 22:06:09 -0400
Guy Harris wrote:
As far as I know, we don't have a case-insensitive version of the "contains" operator.

Perhaps your mail is an indication that we should.

That would be great. I wonder if "tcp contains..." can span multiple packets? I haven't tried it. So if packet 100 has PA and packet 101 has SS, will tcp contains PASS find it?

--

Thanks,
Hansang