Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Filtering and IO Graph

From: Hansang Bae <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 22:34:24 -0400
Alhaisoni, Majed wrote:
Hi guys,
I have collected data and want to plot it using IO graph but I want to
get to the advance option in Y axis to be the average bit rate but the
problem that I was not able to get the download rate, so I can get
control of the average bit rate. Is there anybody can help me with this
please.

Thanks in advance for reading my eamil.

There are several ways to get what you're looking for
1) Limit the capture to the pertinent part, then look under Statistics, Summary for the average Mbits/sec 2) If you want to use the IO graph, then change the Y Axis' Unit: to bits/tick. Add ip.src==blah as appropriate in the FILTER to limit the throughput calculation to the sender of your choice. 3) You can change the Y Axis to ADVANCED, add IP.SRC==blah to the FILTER, change the CALC to AVG(*), then add TCP.LEN to the box on the right of the CALC/AVG(*) field. This will chart amount of data packets transferred over time. Note this does not include the protocol overhead (IP/TCP header). If you want the protocol overhead as well, use IP.LEN instead of TCP.LEN

Is this what you were looking for?

--

Thanks,
Hansang