Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing the gateway

Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:11:25 -0400
Kok-Yong Tan said the following:
what packets are going between the two and the only way is to insert a hub between the two--that's what Stephen Fisher is telling you.

Oy, gotcha..... Thanks

Why not just use "ifconfig -a" to find out what interfaces are available and active?

en0: flags=8822<BROADCAST,SMART,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        ether 00:16:cb:8e:95:f8
        media: autoselect (none) status: inactive
supported media: autoselect 10baseT/UTP <half-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex,flow-control> 100baseTX <half-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 100baseTX <full-duplex,flow-control> 1000baseT <full-duplex> 1000baseT <full-duplex,hw-loopback> 1000baseT <full-duplex,flow-control> none

to name a few

anyway, thanks for the help.