Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Unknown AVP problem

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:00:09 +0100
Hi,
I've only had a very quick look, and I haven't seen the Ty interface spec, but have you checked that the vendor ID is correctly set in your AVP definition?  The warning you're seeing below may need to be improved to make it clear that the vendor ID was also used in the comparison, and which one was found in the capture.

The other problem I noticed is that whereas the current dictionary.xml loads into my web browser, yours doesn't, suggesting that it may not be well-formed, which might mean that our parser also failed to load and use your AVP definition.

Hope this helps.

Martin

P.S.  t couldn't hurt to update to the shiny new Wireshark 1.0 either :)