Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] wireshark or linux kernel netfilter issue

From: Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:22:23 +0200
I use at home an DSL connection. The sniffed network stream over the ppp0 interface looks fine whereas the sniffed packets from the eth0 often looks bad :-(

As an example I attached 2 pcap files with the communication of the KDE program kscd with the CDDB server freedb.org, sniffed from ppp0 and eth0.

I don't undestand why the ppp0 stream is ok, whereas the eth0 stream has the malformed package #11. Any explanation are appreciated.

--
MfG/Sincerely

Toralf Förster