Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Writing/sharing dissectors

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 23:54:17 +0200
Kobboi wrote:
Hello,

Some very basic questions, hope you don't mind my asking them...

Where can I find a recent HOWTO on writing your own dissector for a
proprietary protocol? Is there some basic roadmap that can help me keep
an overview and not lose the way?

When I have finished writing it, how do I easily share my dissector?
Does everyone who wants to use it need to recompile their Wireshark? Any
important Windows/Linux differences? (I'll need to support both
platforms)

Thanks for the info!

See: http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development

Regards, ULFL