Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Decoding ISUP messages over M3UA

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:00:02 +0800

Alminana, Emilio (SNL US) wrote:
Dear fellow wireShark users,
I am using wireShark to decode ISUP (ISDN User Part) messages (ANSI version) and there are a number of parameters (e.g. in the IAM - Initial Address Message) that wireShark does not recognize. Does anyone know whether there are any plans to enhance the existing dissector to support the ANSI ISUP protocol ? Should this e-mail be sent to a different mailing list within wireShark ?

The -dev list theoretically might be better, but it doesn't matter much.

Anyway, as much as there are any plans for Wireshark development, yes, at least a couple of us have wanted to finish ANSI ISUP support for a while now. But it's a question of time (of which a lot of us apparently don't have much spare)...

If you're comfortable with C coding, patches are always welcome, of course. :-)