Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Fwd: error

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:59:11 +0100
fery nov wrote:

> [...]

Q 2.1: Why do I get an error when I try to run the Win32 installer?

A: The program you used to download it may have downloaded it
incorrectly. Web browsers sometimes may do this.

Try downloading it with, for example:

    * Wget, for which Windows binaries are available on the SunSITE FTP
server at sunsite.tk or Heiko Herold's windows wget spot - wGetGUI
offers a GUI interface that uses wget;
    * WS_FTP from Ipswitch,
    * the ftp command that comes with Windows.

If you use the ftp command, make sure you do the transfer in binary mode
rather than ASCII mode, by using the binary command before transferring
the file.

 --
Regards,

Graham Bloice