Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] avg size & delay btwn packets?

From: "Tennis Smith" <tennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 13:51:59 -0700

Hi,

Can w/s calculate the average size of a payload in a stream of data?  I’m doing QA on a set of protocols that will vary the length of packets based on user input.   So, I’m wondering if I can do that easily with w/s.

Also, can w/s reliably measure the amount of time between packet transmissions in the same protocol?

TIA,

-T