Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Starting Wireshark Capture Blocks Network Traffic

From: David Pruitt <djpruitt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:52:50 -0400

Hello,

I downloaded and installed Wireshark version 0.99.5 with WinPcap 4.0 and am trying to capture some detailed TCP/IP packet transmissions from my client application connecting via DSL using VPN software to connect to a remote server on my business WAN.  Once I start the Wireshark capture, all of my applications on the client side cannot connect to my work network over the VPN connection.  I am able to access other web sites not using the VPN.     Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You!

David J. Pruitt