Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Problems locating relevant calls

Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 15:48:02 +0100

Wireshark Version “0.99.3

1) In the main “Packet List” window, I can see the messages of interest that I would like to extract.

I’m monitoring MGCP traffic, so I’d like to extract the call that these message appear in.

I’ve made use of the “VoIP Calls” feature, but I cannot associate the messages I’m interested in with the calls they belong to.

I’ve tried using the message timestamps as a reference point, but still cannot easily find the calls containing those messages.

How can I achieve this goal using available filtering features?

I’ve tried EndPoint filtering, but this only matches parts of the calls. Some call messages don’t contain anything more than a transaction id ie. “200 OK”

2) I did manage to locate a call containing the message of interest, but the call was 112 messages long. I cannot build a filter to isolate all 112 messages (Complete call). The current limitation seems between 80 and 90 messages.

Is there an option I can tweak, or is this a known limitation that will be fixed?

Kevin Duffy

Solutions Test Engineer

Assurance Solutions Division

Agilent Technologies UK Limited