Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] IP Data checksum

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:04:15 -0700

On Aug 21, 2006, at 6:09 PM, Sada Mita wrote:

I'm seeing that VRRPv6 checksum is incorrect.
Is this because of sniffer tool(ethreal 0.10.11 for linux)? Or problem at VRRPv6 of sender ?

I just couldn't find any info how the checksum calculation for non- TCP packets is handled by ethereal. I mean I know that ethereal can set enable/disable for TCP checksum calcuation.

Try the current version of Wireshark; there might have been a bug in earlier versions. If there's still a bug in the current version, ask again.