Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Simple reliable protocol over UDP?

From: "Lars Ruoff" <Lars.Ruoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:36:43 +0200
Does anyone of you know of a standard protocol on top of UDP that implements basic transmission control (like lost- and out-of-order packet detection and retransmission), without the whole complexity of TCP?
It is to be used in a realtime network game.
TCP seems to be too complex and unpredictable (with regards to timouts for example) for the task.
Yet some messages need to be sent reliably.

Any ideas?
regards,
Lars