Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] [Ethereal-users] DHCP option Display filter

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:36:27 +0200
On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 11:45:00AM -0700, Wes wrote:
> I'm trying to use a display filter for bootp/dhcp
> options and can't seem to figure out an easy way to do
> this. I've run across this before and never had the
> time to persue it. Is there an easy way to create a
> filter for a particular option?
>
> This time I would just like to filter out whether the
> message type is a Lease Query or not. It would be nice
> to have something like dhcp.option53==8...
>
> Does anyone know of a way to do this?

There isn't one - yet. I have started to change the dissector
to do something like that (bootp.option.type==1). Currently,
the job is only half finished but I hope to finish it later today.
Please note that I'm working on the Wireshark source, not the
Ethereal source, that's why I have moved the answer to
wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> On a side note, is there a version of ethereal that
> supports the new Lease Query Option numbers?

I don't think so - please check the latest version or Wireshark
(http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/ for a snapshot) and if
it is missing, then please send me a sample capture and a short
reference to documentation (e.g. rfc) and I'll add it.

 Ciao
     Joerg