Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] 802.11 frame data not decoded

From: Steve Magoun <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 21:55:14 -0400
Thanks Kam-Yung,

My network does use WEP, but I have Kismet configured to decrypt traffic on the fly. As you can see from the packet dump, the data is indeed unencrypted by the time it gets to Wireshark. Just in case I tried adding the WEP key to Wireshark but that didn't help. Neither did setting the "Ignore WEP Flag" option (although the Ignore WEP Flag option did result in a Logical-Link Control entry in the packet details pane, the rest of the data section wasn't decoded).

Steve