Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Blocked ports

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:58:35 +0000
if the port is blocked by a firewall

most sane firewall configurations will return a ICMP Desctination
Unreachable/Port Administratively Filtered back to the originator to
indicate that the firewall has blocked the traffic.

Some firewalls are unfortunately configured to block all icmp traffic
however due to firewall admin cluelessness :-(

Search for ICMP traffic.