Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Google Summer of Code

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:06:22 +0100
Hi

As the last discussion towards the GSoC application resulted in a
rather long off-topic discussion, I want to restart it.

Is there a way / method / wiki-page where we could collect all ideas,
and have a vote on them? Therefore we could at least collect some
ideas, and if we reach a certain number (e.g. 10) chances would rise,
that students will actually apply for them.

I think an application idea, to be valid, should consist of the following:

* Subject
* Developer who could mentor
* Programming languages needed
* Level of expertise in these languages (beg./adv./exp.)
* Area of Wireshark it applies
* Level of wireshark expertise needed
* Summary of the topic, what should be done
* Summary of the expected result
* Amount of time estimated for a developer already familiar with the code

I was an applicant for a previous GSoC run before, and it is a great
experience and opportunity for each student involved. So I am greatly
in favor for wireshark to offer some projects in this program.

If need arises, I can lend my support in organizing this.

kind regards,
Roland