Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] WhatsApp dissector

From: Krishnamurthy Mayya <krishnamurthymayya@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 23:16:01 +0530
Yes David,
Tyson is right... that does sound like a pretty interesting dissector! Go ahead !

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM, Tyson Key <tyson.key@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi David,

That sounds like a pretty interesting dissector, to me. In order to kick-start the contribution process, I recommend doing the following:
  • Registering at http://bugs.wireshark.org
  • Converting your code into a "build-in" dissector (a relatively trivial process that involves removing the plug-in configuration source file, checking the use of certain APIs, and then modifying /epan/dissectors/Makefile.common, and /epan/CMakeLists.txt)
  • Generating an SVN Diff-style patch, after placing your new source files in /epan/dissectors
  • Filing a new bug at Bugs.Wireshark.org -taking care to attach your patch, and preferably a trace file that exercises it

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Tyson.