Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] RFD: Creating subdirectories in epan/dissectors/

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 11:19:06 +0200
Hello List,

a discussion hidden in the bugtracker (id=7639) reminded me of something
I have wanted to ask for a while:
We have an (almost) flat structure in epan/dissectors/ and do additional
structuring via file names instead, e.g. look at
packet-xmpp-conference.c
packet-xmpp-conference.h
packet-xmpp-core.c
packet-xmpp-core.h
packet-xmpp-gtalk.c
packet-xmpp-gtalk.h
packet-xmpp-jingle.c
packet-xmpp-jingle.h
packet-xmpp-other.c
packet-xmpp-other.h
packet-xmpp-utils.c
packet-xmpp-utils.h
packet-xmpp.c
packet-xmpp.h

other examples are packet-dcercp*, packet-aim*, packet-gsm_*, packet-bt*
and several more.
What I'd like to do is put these dissectors that belong *to a single protocol*
into a subdirectory of that name, i.e. move them to

xmpp/packet-conference.c
xmpp/packet-conference.h
xmpp/packet-core.c
xmpp/packet-core.h
xmpp/packet-gtalk.c
xmpp/packet-gtalk.h
xmpp/packet-jingle.c
xmpp/packet-jingle.h
xmpp/packet-other.c
xmpp/packet-other.h
xmpp/packet-utils.c
xmpp/packet-utils.h
xmpp/packet-xmpp.c    <- special case, main protocol name
xmpp/packet-xmpp.h    <- special case, main protocol name

What do you think?

Ciao
       Jörg