Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark-commits: [Wireshark-commits] rev 44161: /trunk/epa

From: Sylvain Munaut <246tnt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 12:40:06 +0200
Hi,

I've just seen those changes (filter names) now and I'm really not
happy with them ...

1) I explicitely asked this list for objections against the gmr1.xx vs
gmr1_xx name and I was told that using gmr1.xx made sense given it's
always the same protocol. And nobody expressed any view against it and
Andrew said it was a reasonable choice. Now all saved filters /
examples / ...would have to be changed for really no good reason.

2) I would really appreciate if the author of the dissector was at
least CC'ed when doing changes to the dissector ... This is not the
first time and in every instance, the original commit had to be
followed by "fixups" commits because the patch author seemed to be
more concerned with removing warnings at all costs than actually doing
the right fix ...

Cheers,

    Sylvain