Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 44558: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 23:23:35 -0700
On Aug 17, 2012, at 7:54 PM, mmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=44558
>
> User: mmann
> Date: 2012/08/17 07:54 PM
>
> Log:
> Use capture scoped memory for hash table functionality
>
> Directory: /trunk/epan/dissectors/
>  Changes    Path                  Action
>  +1 -2      packet-ansi_map.c     Modified
>  +1 -2      packet-ansi_tcap.c    Modified

This broke the build, because it left behind, in packet-ansi_tcap.c, a static routine to free up the key and value of the elements in a hash table but got rid of the code that resulted in that routine being called.

In addition, it added a memory leak, as, while session-scope-allocated memory was used for the value, the key was g_strdup()ed, and needed to be freed, so the routine in question needed to be called - it just needed to be changed not to free the value.

I've checked in a fix.