Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Loading packets from database

From: Larik Ishkulov <ishkulov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 14:34:52 +0400
Hi everybody,

I need to open in wireshark packets stored in database. I have an idea how to
do it and it would be great if you comment or may be suggest better
solution.

I have a number of hosts which stores packets in local databases. And I have
API to request packets. I need to show packets for specified period of time in
wireshark.

I'am going to make a button on the toolbar, that starts a new capture. But
instead of dumpcap another program is started. It behaves like dumpcap but it
asks the user for the time range and gets packets from database.

I made a quick hack that works like that. But I think it will be better to
make it as a lua plugin. And I want to write lua functions for that.

I going to write functions that add buttons to the toolbar, and functions
that allow to start new capture with custom dumpcap.

Thanks
Ilarion Ishkulov