Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Passing NULL to %s format specifiers

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 01:01:07 -0700
On Aug 14, 2012, at 5:32 PM, Evan Huus wrote:

> The case in the filed bug is fairly trivial to fix, but I'm wondering
> if this is something that should be added to the Code Style /
> Portability section of README.developer?

No - it should be added to the "Robustness" section; I'd say "Portability" is for telling people to avoid GCCisms and other features that are, in some compilers or development environments, valid, while "Robustness" is for telling people to avoid things that, while they might happen to work with some compilers or on some instruction set architectures, aren't officially guaranteed to work on any platform.