Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Passing data from Plugin dissector to a standard wireshark disse

From: hammad kabir <hammadsatti@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 20:27:07 +0300
Hi all,

I have recently implemented a wireshark dissector of a relatively simple protocol (lets call the protocol as COOL) for a project of mine. This dissector gets the data from IP layer and then parses it according to protocol definition of COOL protocol. (so far its good). But, next step involves passing the data from COOL protocol ( which is a plugin dissector in my case) to TCP protocol for further dissection of packet. However, I am having a difficult time in getting this (later) task done. I am using Ubuntu as platform for dissector's development. Can anyone here knows what I might be missing, or what needs to be done, or a proper guideline to get this task done. I shall be grateful to you.

I have used this link for development http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChDissectAdd.html and also have been through "ReadMe.plugin" file.

Regards,
Hammad Kabir