Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Warnings when loading preferences

Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 17:11:58 -0400 (EDT)
This should be fixed in r44359

-----Original Message-----
From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Aug 1, 2012 6:51 am
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] Warnings when loading preferences

Hi.

After upgrading my local wireshark to latest trunk I get some warnings
from my preferences.
I suspect someone rewrote the preference format without handling /
converting old values?

The user should not loose the preferences when upgrading, just because
we changed the format.

12:33:02          Warn /Users/stig/.wireshark/preferences line 113: No
such preference "gui.version_in_start_page" (applying your preferences
once should remove this warning)
12:33:02          Warn /Users/stig/.wireshark/preferences line 221:
Syntax error in preference name_resolve (applying your preferences
once should remove this warning)
12:33:02          Warn /Users/stig/.wireshark/preferences line 225:
Syntax error in preference name_resolve_concurrency (applying your
preferences once should remove this warning)
12:33:02          Warn /Users/stig/.wireshark/preferences line 229:
Syntax error in preference name_resolve_load_smi_modules (applying
your preferences once should remove this warning)
12:33:02          Warn /Users/stig/.wireshark/preferences line 233:
Syntax error in preference name_resolve_suppress_smi_errors (applying
your preferences once should remove this warning)
12:33:02          Warn /Users/stig/.wireshark/preferences line 239: No
such preference "taps.update_interval" (applying your preferences once
should remove this warning)
12:33:02          Warn /Users/stig/.wireshark/preferences line 243: No
such preference "taps.rtp_player_max_visible" (applying your
preferences once should remove this warning)
12:33:02          Warn /Users/stig/.wireshark/preferences line 249: No
such preference "packet_list.display_hidden_proto_items" (applying
your preferences once should remove this warning)

--
Stig Bjørlykke