Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Capture File Archive

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:18:09 -0400
ws.dev.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

in a Q&A question (http://ask.wireshark.org/questions/9180/strip-off-gtp-headers), Chris Maynard suggested to provide the caputre files that have been uploaded to bugs.wireshark.org in a similar way as pcapr.net does.

I like the idea, as it sometimes can help to troubleshoot issues with dissectors. Currently the capture files are available through the bugs interface anyway, but they are not classified (what protocol is used) and they are not easily accessible.

FWIW tools/list_protos_in_cap.sh and tools/indexcap.py can be used to generate a "database" (flat file) of capture files and the protocols contained in them. I use those to index my collection of capture files for when I'm trying to find a capture file that covers a particular protocol.